I help small B2B SaaS products deliver value to their clients faster.
Unlike most developers that worry about the code they write, the abstractions they use, the frameworks they’ve chosen, I recognise the importance of all of these without making them my sole purpose. I focus on your target customers, I work with you on figuring out if we are shipping the right feature. I work with you on making sure that existing features and new features actually work and deliver value, not headaches.
Like any senior full-stack developer, I care for writing clean, readable and performant code. I care for tested code that avoids future breakage. I care for delivering on time. However, I understand that code is simply means to an end.
If you want a product:
- whose user interface doesn’t look like it was built by a back-end developer
- that is easy to change and iterate on by using automated deployment
- that is built with scalability in mind but without being over-engineered
- that is safeguarded by an automated test suite
- that can be easily handed over to existing developers in your company
… and you need a lead developer:
- whose primary focus is on delivering a slick, reliable experience for your users rather than obsessing about code or frameworks
- who will guide you on business as well as technology areas
- who you can trust to work directly with your users and other stakeholders
- who is comfortable writing front-end code as much as designing a database as much as setting up servers and infrastructure
- who can mentor junior developers and work hand-in-hand with your existing team
… then I can help.
Unlike other full-stack developers, I have significant founder, product management and operational experience from being CTO of a SaaS business (CrewFire). This helps me ensure you that we will build together matches business goals. I won’t waste time building stuff that your business doesn’t need.
What you can expect
When working together, you can expect me to:
- Start projects with business objectives in mind
- Insert every bit of expertise I gathered along the road in the project
- To ask a lot of questions about the business motivation and constraints
- Evaluate multiple possible solutions before diving in
- Strive for the simplest solution but no simpler
- To be a strong voice for the user’s experience
- To provide the option to retain my services as an advisory/support role
Given the liberty of choice I will work with…
- Server: Golang
- Database, Caching & Search: PostgreSQL, Redis & ElasticSearch
- DevOps & Infrastructure: AWS, Ansible & Terraform
- Tools: Github, CircleCI & Trello
I bring to the table professional experience with…
- Server: Node.js, Python, PHP
- Other languages: Java, Ruby, ASP Classic
- User interface: Angular.js, Ember.js, Backbone.js, Mithril.js
- Database, Caching & Search: MongoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL
- DevOps & Infrastructure: GCP, Docker, Bash